Hi Everyone! What a wonderful September meeting we had –thanks to everyone for sharing their Loralei stories.
We have lots to cover in this newsletter for our show next week. So Show Stuff first, then reminders for Oct., September meeting minutes.
SHOW STUFF! Our ad will be running in the NR News 9/23 and 9/27.
Hit up facebook and look for my posts with the ads about the show – Share with your family and friends!
We need a host for Jean Carlton, the Quilt Appraiser that visited in August. If you have a guest bedroom that you would be willing to share, please contact Jean Potter asap. No need to supply dinner, just needs a place to sleep so it’s not such an early morning before the show.
Volunteer Times Still Open – If you wish to sign up for these spots – please contact Sandy Balcerak – email@example.com
Silent Auction Noon to 2pm needs one
Hostesses 9am to noon needs two
Noon to 2pm needs one
2pm to 4pm needs one
Hostesses 1 to 3pm needs one
SILENT AUCTION -Please bring your silent auction items all tagged with prices to Friday night’s set up.
QUILT DROP-OFF - Show Quilts may be turned in from 2-6 PM. No more new quilts may be entered due to the ballots being completed.
FRIDAY SET-UP - We will be at WITC starting at 2 pm – until done. Each Quilt Show Committee member will be in charge of certain areas, so you can see us to be put to work! If you have décor items, please bring them – make sure to put your name on them.
SUNDAY TAKE-DOWN –Show is open 11-3. Take-down is usually done by 5-5:30. All hands on deck!
October Reminders –
· Meeting will be at 6 PM, October 11th, St. Luke’s Church in New Richmond. – with a potluck from 6-7 and meeting portion from 7-? Visitors and new members welcome!!
· Hostesses for Potluck just need to bring in utensils, cups, plates, ice – Julie LaBarre, Kathy Kloetzke, Cathy Smith
· Many new members come this night, so please be on the lookout for new faces and welcome, welcome, welcome!
· We will have committee sign-ups and officer voting. Erica Olson is nominated for President. Secretary position is open – No fear, I will help the new secretary transition!
· Bring your show winners to the meeting!
· Block Exchange Blocks are due at the meeting!
September Meeting Minutes –
Welcome visitors and returning prior members!
· Annual vs Bi-annual Quilt Show - We voted and it was approved to keep the Quilt Show – Annual!
· Stashbusters – Lisa Franklin brought in red print fabric – make 10 ½ blocks – using black and white. Ok all you gals (including me), in all the quilt show craziness, don’t forget to make your blocks! Mary Pagel won the blocks and will bring in fabric to the October meeting.
· Raffle Basket – Cathy S brought in the basket, we made $16 and Lisa Franklin won – she will bring in the replenished basket to the Oct. meeting
· Retreat Reminders
o Two retreats this 2013 – January 10-13th and April 5-7. We are switching locations from Wapo to Frederick. Cost is $136.50 for Jan and $93 for April. 8 meals vs 5 meals is the difference in cost. When we take member payments for retreat, they will be made directly out to the retreat center. We will collect them in advance and organize. More retreat details in the November meeting.
· Caring Quilts – we received a $200 grant from the Electric Coop
· Sunshine Committee- it was approved to have guidelines of $25 gifts of flowers or plant with a card for a sickness/death of a member, spouse. For child or parents - $20. This information will be added to the Sunshine Committee info so that everyone stays updated with the guidelines.